Friday, October 02, 2009

Soon to be three....

(click on any photo to see it larger)


Tomorrow is Ruth's third birthday!

I am a lot of things, but I am NO cake maker or decorator. Ruth specifically wanted a Lightening McQueen cake for her birthday. So, off I went to buy a store bought Lightening McQueen birthday cake. Four groceries stores and two super centers later, NOTHING!

So I improvised. I bought an Elmo cake, and with the help of some toys, and my Wilton icing gun thingy, and God's grace... Ruth has a Lightening McQueen cake for her birthday!

I am well aware that for the seasoned cake decorator, this post is a joke, but for me.... well, I think that, to-date, my Wilton decorator has been used maybe 3 times. After today, perhaps my confidence to use it more has increased.

More birthday pictures to follow.


3 comments:

Kitty and Greg said...

1 winner, 42 losers … this cake will definitely be a winner with a certain young lady!

Deanna said...

As long as love is in the mix the cake will be the best cake ever! Enjoy!

Becki said...

Great job Kristy, she's going to love it!